Monday, February 23, 2009
Way back time 1976….
1976….. United States Bicentennial
- Cost of a gallon of Gas 59 cents
- Polaroid Camera $28.00
- Earthquake in Tabgshan China kills 655,000
- The First Commercial Concorde Flights take off
- The world’s first recorded Ebola virus epidemic begins in Sudan
- Palestinian extremists hijack an Air France plane in Greece with 246 passengers and 12 crew. They take it to Entebbe, Uganda, where Israeli commandos storm the plane freeing the hostages
- Three Gunmen abduct a school bus with 26 children and the driver near Chowchilla, Calif ( all children and driver are saved after they dig a tunnel out of the quarry they were buried in. )
- Apple Computer Company is formed by Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak
- First laser printer introduced by IBM - the IBM 3800
- NASA Unveils first space shuttle, the Enterprise
- Matsushita introduces the VHS home video cassette recorder to compete with Sony's Beta max system.
- Landing Vehicles from the US Spacecraft Viking I and Viking II set down safely on Mars
And if you opened a magazine you might have seen these….
Posted by Juan Carlos at 6:00 AM