Monday, April 6, 2009

1988

This 1988 BMW R100RT was the first bike to cross the entire world. I just happened to be reading the book that documents the journey tonight when I realized its 1988 week here at Suicide Wheels. I purchased the book when at the Barber Motorcycle Museum after seeing the exhibit. I higly suggest it as it is a great read! I have spent the last number of flights and many hotel evenings reading it and am not quite done yet. Its not your typical travel story as Jim is a investment genius as well as historian and will teach you a ton about the world's economies, societies, religions, and goverments. I highly suggest getting on Amazon.com right now and ordering it.




7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great sell I'm looking on amazon right now!

dmar836 said...

I see KC well represented in the last photo. KC roots?
Dave
KC

nicholai said...

YUP KC Live there now

Anonymous said...

Dave GREAT job on the board track bike! After reading the last few posts I feel like we live with the same curse!

nicholai said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
nicholai said...

hey I didnb't realize that was yours Dave. I really dig that write up and bike...Its givin me inspiration as I want to do something similar. Have you lived in KC long? I live next to the Nascar track.

dmar836 said...

'bout 12 1/2 years. I'm in Olathe. Most all my bikes are old 2 strokes. I really like the old GP bikes.