Sunday, September 20, 2009

Bikers for Babies day

Well I just got back from the ride. It was a beautiful day. Much better than the cold weather we had last year. It was a good time. I'm not a big group rider and always usually ride solo. I'm kind of a loner when it comes to certain things and wanting to ride. I was always unclickish w/ skateboard clicks to. Its more enjoable doing my own thing usually but theres something about topping a big hill and for miles ahead and behind you all you can see is thousands of bikers going into the horizons. Its quit a rad feeling. I put 300 miles on the bike. The route went way out west thru some very scenic lakes, pretty countryside, and almost got out there far enough to where the rolling prairie plains start. Lots of old little small towns. I saw a ton of guys stopping at all the salloons drinking up and riding. I even saw a guy hammering down a beer w/ his 6 or 7 year old kid on the back of his back. It alarms me the amount of drinking and driving that goes down. Anyways it was a good time got to see Dee Snider and Twisted Sister play afterwards. The ending numbers wern't as good as last year or the year before when KC broke the record for the largest group ride record w/ 8600 bikes but we raised almost $700,000 for the sick kids and had 6,500 bikers in the ride. So I'm feeling good karma. I'll post pics later.

No comments: